- 7 trusted ways to try with a Business on the Internet
- Security when buying an online business.
- Start an online business without technical knowledge – here’s how to do it!
- Affiliate Marketing is a simple way to earn money.
- Social media in business: how to use the Internet to strengthen your business?
- Newsletter as a tool to increase loyalty and sales
- What is Content Marketing? + Example Business Model
- How to use social media to increase reach and sales?
- E-commerce platforms: Key tips and which one to choose?
- How to sell products and services online without investing in advertising?
If you are interested in a business on the internet I will explain everything, but first I will describe the story behind it. Last summer two very ambitious People with different experiences in creating their own businesses/projects. Participated in Summer Contest and described progress in a weekly blog post. Both meet together and align to kick off the first season to share not only progress but more information with the audience.
More like that will come to you!
1)Participation in community contest
SellBiz Blog and Blogelist both participated in the Firestarters contest last summer. (On our site called Challenge)
- For Blogelist, it was a side project and from the beginning more focused on a “project” and challenge for myself, not the business.
- SellBiz was from the beginning to create a new business case.
You can participate in a similar contest if you find a valuable community to do so. (Firestarters had two editions already, we participated in the first one.)
Limited time: Example two months. (As our case to vacation month)
Limited budget: Example about 200$
It has to be something new
All progress has to be shared on social media weekly.
2)Participation in communities (forums, Facebook groups, discord community, etc.)
As stated in the first point example Blogelist. We started not a side business, but a side project, which was from the beginning to make an experiment and gather experience, not create a real business and money.
What if you have some doubts to start something, but you can start doing it without starting a business? You can list what is the most interesting for you and just participate in communities. Validate ideas, and create your own brand. If you will be feeling more saved then you can use other points to continue with your ideas.
3)Starting your portfolio page on the Internet.
Like: blogs, Landing pages, and pages generated in some internet tools.
A landing page is a place, where everyone interested in you should be directed. It can be a web page, or it can be a page generated by some tool. It can be like it is in use by Blogelist – One place with all important links.
Our LinkLibrary (former “Courses” from vacation challenge) can also be understood in our ecosystem as a kind of landing page. For example:
- All Materials from our vacation challenge.
- All Materials about Cyber Security.
- All our Materials are dedicated to Train Lovers.
4)Starting a Business on the Internet with legally easy way
This point is hard for me to describe to you, but very important. If you would like to start your side business on the Internet or just create an additional stream of money. You need to check how in your country you can work. Maybe in your country is some solution for People starting their journey? Maybe till some revenue, you do not need to register a company? (This is a way how Blogelist is working)
5) Listing your project ideas on dedicated pages, like ProductHunt
If you are starting already with product on the internet, you can list it on something like product hunt and verify if there are people already interested.
It is not only for individuals but also for bigger companies like the Wroclaw-based company listed in Polish Exchange “LiveChat”. (ProductHunt profile: Link)
Maybe the “community” from points 1 and 2 have also its own catalog? Do not remember to list it there.
6)Share and Idea on crowd publishing site like Patronite
If you have already or you can easily build a community. You can use external sites to gather first financial sources for your job. Here example pages:
– fiverr – Online platform for Freelancers
– patreaon – Membership based
– Buymeacoffee – One time and abo(membership) for creators
– Brave Rewards – Ads platform for profit sharing between visitors and creators. (This one is in use by Blogelist)
7)Buy a Business. – Hard way not recommended for beginners
If you never created a business or take part. We are not recommending starting as the first one from buying a ready business.
If you are here and already have experience as a business owner or Second Line Manager you can consider just buying a ready business. SellBiz, our partner for this series is creating a site and offer for the same.
Also, you can create your business from the scratch, but buy other businesses to acquire competencies, where you are not good in.
If you have more businesses from some historical reasons and would like to sell it and focus on one. It is a solution for you as well.
Interesting? Sign up form for getting updates
➡️ Our marketing communications may include special offers, partner announcements, and affiliate links. These affiliate links help support our projects and are a way for you to say thank you if we help you with something.
➡️ By allowing us to keep you updated with these communications, you’ll have access to exclusive benefits and valuable insights that you won’t want to miss.
➡️ If you choose not to allow marketing communications, that’s okay. But you might miss out on some exclusive benefits and valuable insights.
This series is cross-published in SellBiz Blog. It is created as non-paid cooperation as workload exchange. In the first season, you can read half articles written by a Blogelist representative and the second half by SellBiz.
The Polish version of this article is published in SellBiz Blog here.